12.15.2005

LWW chapter 16

1. Aslan brings the stone statues back to life. A profound amalgamation of Scriptural imagery: Ezekiel 36:26-27: "I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep My laws." John 20:22: "He breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit." Ezekiel 37:9-10: "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live." So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet - a vast army." This is also very reminiscent of Jesus going about healing, with crowds thronging Him. And it relates to 1 Peter 3:19 and Psalm 68:18, 20, where Jesus leads captivity captive, recapturing the devil's prisoners for His own Kingdom, preaching to the spirits in prison, plundering the strong man's house (Matt 12:29).

2. We get a surprise with the giant. They're usually on the bad side "in the stories." Susan wonders if it's safe. But there are many surprises in the New Covenant, including tax collectors and prostitutes entering the kingdom ahead of the "righteous."

3. The ensuing battle is over very soon, the witch overthrown in no time (Rev 19:19-20).

No comments:

Post a Comment