12.16.2005

Narnia - Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe - recap

This is a repost of part one of the series, for clarity's sake.
The series got a little out of hand (17 parts!), and maybe you wouldn't know what "LWW" means, all on its own. Anyway, here's explanation, then the review is below, chapter by chapter...

-----------------------------
We're going to see Narnia tomorrow night, so I decided to give "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" a quick read first. Then I decided, halfway through the first chapter, to keep track of all the biblical allusions or other significant lessons which it seems to me Lewis is trying to convey. See how projects tend to grow on me?

This'll be kind of rough; just quick, off-the-cuff thoughts I'm jotting (typing) as reading. And yes, I'll go through it all, so if you don't want me spoiling the story if you haven't read/seen it yet, reader beware!

By the way, there are TONS of books that do this kind of thing, and good teachers who have teaching series on Narnia. I've seen many of them, but haven't actually read ANY of them. This is all original to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment