12.28.2005


Since I'm Yoda now, I thought I'd get into the spirit of things. I figured little harm could be done in 2 extra dollars while at Burger King. Call me crazy...

Two of my favorite Yoda lines:
1. Control, control, you must learn control.
2. No, do or do not do. There is no try.

I continue to be amazed at the moral confusion of parts of Star Wars, though. Especially part III. Obi Wan says at one point that only Siths deal in absolutes. Oh. So only bad people think there is such a thing as Bad. Then later he tries talking Anakin out of the dark side and says, "The emperor is evil." Oh. So is that not an absolute? He must change his mind again later, because when talking to Luke on Degobah he says that Luke must learn that good and evil sometimes look differently, based on one's perspective. Crazy.

But Yoda remains a stalwart champion of the light throughout...

No comments:

Post a Comment