2.22.2006

Making a difference

No, not us; God makes the difference.

Reading through the plagues in Exodus 8-9, this is God's constant theme: I'm doing this to make a difference between the people of Israel and of Egypt.

What is the difference today? What sets you apart from the rest of the world that isn't committed to Jesus Christ, our King, Lord and Savior? Can you be specific, yet not externally superficial in your answers? How long does it take you to figure it out? Are we too focused on blending in? Are we ready to give an answer for the hope that is within us?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:49 PM

    Great questions, Steve.
    Our pastor has been talking on a topic recently that ties in with this--how do we make our decisions; how do we know the will of God--and it has really challenged me to look at why I do the things I do...

    Val D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Another question, that I ask myself more is, Am I different for the right reasons? I often find that I just like being different for the sake of being different, not because I see myself working out principle in God's Word.
    Good thoughts!
    Margaret in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Yes, why we're different, and what standard we use are both key.

    But again, note how quickly we slip into WE making OURSELVES different. God makes the difference.

    We can hide that difference, of course, by doing as the Romans do, living like the rest of the world. But if we're baptized, we already have a mark of difference on us...

    ReplyDelete