2.20.2006

Random thoughts - part III

Here are some responses to an old acquaintance, asking about my views as a Christian and a pastor. Some of it might not make sense, as it's just my side of the conversation

Mythology

My perspective would be - of stories that don't fit the Bible's theological or moral grid - not that we may not read it at all, but just that we shouldn't take any guidance from it. It's not that we can't read it. I would then use an evangelistic grid to filter whether I should read it: is this going to be a wise use of my time in better understanding other faiths, to talk with them more knowledgeably? This is something Christians are often guilty of - maybe any social group. Just doing your own things and seldom hearing the other voices. Fosters misunderstanding, lack of trust, wrong perceptions, etc. If I were heading to be a missionary in Iran, I would spend a lot more time reading the Koran than I do now...

No comments:

Post a Comment