3.08.2006

Everyone together - "Awwww..."

I have a chocolate stain on the front of my (white!) shirt today. It's a mark left by our 1 1/2 year old where he kissed my tummy in order to kiss the "new-new baby." It's a lot like those little perfect handprints you find on glass windows - you almost can't bear to wash them off.

It reminded me of how often our own attempts to express our faith and love to God inadvertantly leave smudges on His holiness. With the love of a parent, He understands our intent. Then He leans down to wipe up our dirty faces.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 PM

    what a beautiful picture, sara!

    val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara! I just got your note on my blog and I'd be happy to help. This isn't exactly the best place to answer but I can't find an email address for you but please feel free to email me at appalucie@gmail.com. I did knit a STS, and I don't know if you found the blog entry, but it's here. http://appaluciefiberarts.blogspot.com/2005/04/shetland-tea-shawl.html

    My awkward join was when I was trying to join the two edges together at the very end. I can't remember how I did a cast on for that edging. When you say the yarn is on the wrong end, which end is that? I am terrible at doing invisible cast ons, so I use a little trick instead. If the edging is 12 stitches wide, I cast on 12 stitches of waste yarn and knit it for a few rows. Then I go to my shawl, pick up the working yarn, and knit one row onto my new knitting. Then I just start the edging as I am supposed to. It's not the traditional cast-on but it works great for me. When I'm done I just unravel the waste yarn.

    I don't know if all of that makes sense, but please feel free to email me. I enjoyed visiting your blog. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucie-
    thanks for the tip - I tried it and it seems to have worked so far. We'll see how it goes once I get all 115 pattern repeats done!

    ReplyDelete