3.09.2006

Knitting Help Required - URGENT!!

Any savvy knitters out there? I'm stuck on my Shetland Tea Shawl I've been cruising on lately. Up to the edging and can't quite figure out how to do an invisible cast on (no, this doesn't involve any magic tricks!) and get going on knitting perpendicularly to the shawl body. Every other edging I've seen proceeds counter-clockwise, but this one is the other way around, joining the edge stitch to the shawl on the very first stitch. My problem is the working yarn seems to be on the far end of the needle, away from the shawl, creating a long "floater" (like in Fair Isle) when commencing knitting.

Any suggestions from the knitting world??

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Sara wrote:

    Up to the edging and can't quite figure out how to do an invisible cast on (no, this doesn't involve any magic tricks!)

    Hey all knitting seems like magic to me. Yarn goes in one end . . . socks, sweaters and more come out the other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to the several knitters who emailed me tips and advice. Seems like knitters are pretty good at coming up with "cheater" methods to get around sticky spots!

    Guess I need to loosen up a bit and learn to break the rules more! Ha!

    ReplyDelete