4.05.2006

Knitted FO eye candy

Here are the long awaited pictures of my most recent knitting projects:

Limbo socks - free pattern from www.alltangledup.com

yarn: Moda Dea "Sassy Stripes", color "crush", 100% acrylic, 2 skeins (with leftovers for kids/toddler socks)
needles: US size 3 (3.25mm) dpns
size: fits my women's US 10 feet!
began: Feb. 16, 2006
completed: Feb. 25, 2006
recipient: Mrs. Valentine (hence the colorway chosen)

notes: easy beginner level sock with garter rib; yarn is too thick and cushy to fit nicely into shoes, but makes great slipper socks! Notice how I even got the stripes to match from foot to foot?!








Shetland Tea Shawl - from "A Gathering of Lace"

yarn: S. Charles "Rittrato" - 8 skeins, black mohair with glitzy rainbow fiber plied in
needles: US size 4
size: unblocked 38" dia. (top), blocked 57" dia. (bottom)
began: end of September 2005
completed: knitted on-and-off until April 1, 2006
recipient: myself

notes: the only way to learn about lace knitting is to dive in! It's really not that hard to do (I managed to listen to the majority of "Don Quixote" while working on this). Blocking completely transforms how lace looks. Next time I'd like to use a blocking substance with either a grid or concentric circles drawn on to make it easier to get things even. I would've liked it a bit bigger to fit my wide wingspan better. Aiming for 60"+ next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment