4.19.2006

Socksploration

I've been knitting and unknitting a lot of socks lately. I guess being pregnant has deterred me from doing any clothing-type of knitting. Here's my exploits:

1) Started "Hedera" socks with an egyptian cotton yarn on size 1 dpns. Love the lace pattern; it's so easy to memorize. I'm in the middle of the heel flap of sock #1 and hope to finish the sock this weekend. The yarn color I chose is called Mystic Beige, which reminds me of grandma's knee high stockings. The lace pattern is jazzy enough to make this antique color more up to date.





2) Falling Leaves socks, uh, rather sock, has been frogged. (That means I pulled it all apart - you know, "rip it, rip it"). The variegated yarn was obscuring the lace pattern, and I'm not a fan of the Sockotta yarn. Perhaps I'll try the infamous "Jaywalker" sock in this yarn instead...


3) Baby Lily socks - this was an attempt at stash reduction and using up oddments of yarn. I found out that I had enough Magic Stripe yarn left to make 1.5 socks. Most babies come equipped with more feet than that. I'm giving this project up.

4) Flip flop socks. I found this funky pattern for a socklette with cut-off toes and a division between the big toe and other toes to allow for thongs. Wierd enough I had to try it. Imagine a knitted wristband crossed with fingerless mittens. Interesting, maybe someday if I got a pedicure while it was snowing I would wear these, otherwise a completely foolish pattern and waste of time. And I only had enough yarn left to make one sock again! Know of any Dufflepuds running around?

No comments:

Post a Comment