5.25.2006

Wife Week - Day 4 - Hemmeke Ha-ha's

We've had some great one-liners around here lately:

Sara (while trying to impress Steve on her supposed literary prowess): "Don't you see how that line by Tolkien relates to Paul Bunyan's "Pilgrim's Progress?" (Paul Bunyan is a legendary giant-sized logger who had an equally large blue ox named Babe whose footprints created the Great Lakes. Standard 2nd grade level Michigan folk lore)

Owen (said through tears after stubbing his toe): "It's ow-ier than brussel sprouts!"

Owen (upon spotting spinach bits in his pasta): "Hey! Who put grasshoppers in here?"

Isaiah (during bedtime prayers): "... if I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to tape."

Grace (while discussing my pregnant belly) "What if your stomach gets so big it explodes?"

No comments:

Post a Comment