7.15.2006

Baby Blitz

What does a 8.75 month pregnant woman do on the hottest weekend of the year (95 degrees)? She spends hours sitting under a quilt!! I started sewing a baby quilt for Hemmeke #4 on Thursday and plan to finish it tonight. Crazy, eh? Wait... it gets better.

I also finished my Hot Lava Cardigan which is made of bulky weight 100% baby alpaca wool. So when I haven't been under a quilt, a nice warm wool sweater has been in my lap. I'm not sure if the sweater fits me or not - I had to guess at what size I'll be, pretty sure that I'll be smaller than I am now! The entire thing might get frogged if it's not just right - this yarn is too dreamy to waste on an ill-fitting cardi.

And if that's not enough, yesterday I started knitting a pair of wee little socks for Jr. to wear in the hospital. One down, one to go. Grandma VO doesn't think they're big enough to get on his little piggies, but I remember how scrawny baby ankles are! Babies are cute, but their feet are ugly, so a sweet pair of socks to cover up will get baby going in this world in style. OK, with 90 degree weather, he'll most likely outgrow them before he ever wears them, in which case they get turned into his first Christmas tree ornament.

Pics of all finished objects (FOs) - human and not - to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment