8.23.2006

Cell Phone vs. Bible

What would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones.
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it as we traveled?
What if we used it in case of an emergency?

What if we placed calls, left messages and knew that even if we didn't get through at first, our message would be heard and answered in due time?

And what if we had the mentality that we should always have it with us because at any given time, an important message could arrive from it?

4 comments:

  1. That's a great post! I may have to borrow it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Can't claim originality here, Scribe. It came as one of those chain emails you get from people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We women have an advantage over you...we have purses (and diaper bags). I love my tiny NKJV that I can pull out whenever I am in line or in a waiting room. Why would I want to read a magazine when I have this?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:09 PM

    That's one reason why I love my Dell Axim. I have four translations on it (NASB, NIV, KJV, NKJV) and the NASB is linked to Strong's Concordance. I can pull it out anywhere and spend time in the Word.

    ReplyDelete