8.15.2006

Rip My Heart Out

The Jaywalker socks I've been knitting for nearly 2 MONTHS now have finally irked me enough to warrant a trip to the frog pond. After knitting and ripping the heels out 3 times, I decided this two-socks-at-once on one circular needle, toe-up method of knitting socks was the most backwards thing ever invented by man (or woman).

So I ripped everything I had done in the past 2 months apart. It was very liberating. And now these socks will be knit, one at a time, in the old fashioned way on double point needles, from the cuff down. Aaah, it feels so good!

The creative process is beautiful - if you don't like something (or you royally mess up), you can always turn it around into something great, even if it means starting over or going by a different route.

No comments:

Post a Comment