8.15.2006

Strolling the links

Found this great quote here, appropriate as we're moving across the country soon:

"The will of God, I have discovered, will never take me where the grace of God cannot keep me, protect me, sustain me, calm my fears, and teach me".




2 cheers for Constantine:

"The problem with Constantine was that he was the first pagan emperor to submit to Christ, and it should not surprise us in the least that he did it very badly. And as Chesterton admonished us, "Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." But compared to what had been going on before him, the conversion of Constantine was a glorious improvement."




Going public

"Christians in America have preseved the fundamentals of the faith by hiding them in caves. But when we are isolated in our caves, there are only a limited number of options. We can go outside with our hands up, and surrender to the zeitgeist. Or we can drift to the back of the cave and quietly despair, losing our faith. Or we can gather the remannt around us, and keep everyone pumped by means of robust (and increasingly lurid) dogmatism. But in a time of reformation, the Lordship of Jesus Christ will be preached in the public square, and it will be a proclamation of His ownership of the public square."

No comments:

Post a Comment