10.09.2006

A golden parenting moment

So we're slowly reading through the Bible in our family devotions. The kids are small, so I do a lot of paraphrasing and editing on the fly (just can't read some parts yet!).

Well, we got to Sodom and Gomorrah, and I was plowing through and got wrapped up a bit in sternly applying Lot's slow obedience and the terrible result (mostly to Owen!). Then Isaiah needed some attention, so I had to put the book down for a minute. When I got back, I finished the story. Grace looked at me, and said, "But dad, you forgot the part about Lot's wife!" Sure enough, I had. But how did Grace know about her in the first place? I thought this was their first exposure to the story, but lo and behold, she knows it so well she's correcting ME! I was giddy about it the rest of the night - "our kids are learning"... surprise, surprise.

Oh, trust me, there are plenty of the other moments, where you're sure it's all going over their heads, too. But be encouraged - it ain't so.

No comments:

Post a Comment