10.22.2007

Fiber for the Whole Family

Some have called me a "Fiber Freak" - although I do not really deserve the title. I only knit and sometimes crochet. True freaks card, spin, and dye their own fiber. I've dabbled in spinning on a homemade drop spindle, but I digress.


The real fiber freaks gathered this weekend at a huge fiber festival - the New York Sheep & Wool Festival, commonly called Rhinebeck. There's a lot of buzz in blogland about it, but I'd like to share this photo I found to defend myself on how knitting can truly be a family pasttime:

from www.masondixonknitting.com

Do you see this?! Mom and Dad are knitting, while junior happily hangs out in the backpack. Of course, I'm assuming he's knitting too. And *what* are they knitting? They're adding onto a charity blanket, a group project started by the gals over at mason-dixon knitting. You can see a lot of other great fiber festival photos there, including a dude wearing tights while riding two percheron horses.

See, these events are never boring! :) Too bad we have to wait for spring for the next season of festivals.


No comments:

Post a Comment