12.31.2007

New year; new plan

Happy new year, 7 hours early.

Do you have a plan for reading through Scripture comprehensively?

Here is a website that can help you, if you're looking. I used the chronological in 1 year plan, New King James version, in 2007.

For 2008, I'm reading the English Standard Version. I just put together my own plan, which includes 2 or 3 elements: (1) alternate between a Psalm a day for 5 days, then a Proverb. (2) I MAY go heavy on the Gospels this year, reading 4 chapters a day, which gets you through all 4 in a month. If I do, (3) I will also read 2 pages per day (if not the Gospel thing, then 2.5 pages per diem) from the rest, book by book, to cover it all. I am big on "covering it all," to get a good grasp of the whole of Scripture, knowing the pitfall of reading just to "get through" instead of to hear from God. That danger does not warrant avoiding such plans, in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment