1.03.2008

Verses for the day

Matthew 8:11
[Jesus, marveling at the Gentile centurion's faith]
I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

(Compare with Romans 9:30-32; Matt 22:1-14)

Matthew 10:34-38
[Jesus, sending the disciples out to preach, bracing them for the conflict and division that will ensue]
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother -in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 12:6
[Jesus speaking to the Pharisees of Himself]
I tell you, something greater than the temple is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment