10.20.2008

22-hour Quilt

I have a quilt that's been 10 years in process, but the birth of a new baby called for some speedy sewing recently. A Thursday evening shower found me gift-less. Thankfully, a storm postponed the shower until Saturday. Whew! Friday afternoon I decided to sew a baby quilt as a gift, and started cutting at 2:00 pm, using the scraps I had on hand.

This is the result:A sweet stacked coins style quilt. Time was short, so my mom-in-law helped me tie the quilt instead of quilting it. The clock kept ticking, but there was just enough time to put a hand-sewn label on the back so mom and baby can remember who loved them so much. The last stitch was put in around noon on Saturday, just 2 hours before the shower!

I really hated to give this one away because I love how it turned out. But how could I keep it from such a cutie-pie with such a great name? Welcome to the world, little Sarah!




No comments:

Post a Comment