5.15.2009

Answering Prayer

2 Samuel 15:31-34

"And it was told David, "Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom." And David said, "O LORD, please turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness." 32While David was coming to the summit, where God was worshiped, behold, Hushai the Archite came to meet him with his coat torn and dirt on his head. 33David said to him, "If you go on with me, you will be a burden to me. 34But if you return to the city and say to Absalom, 'I will be your servant, O king; as I have been your father’s servant in time past, so now I will be your servant,' then you will defeat for me the counsel of Ahithophel."

File this under "Things I never noticed while reading the Bible."
David prays for Absalom's counselors to be confounded, and the next person he meets is someone who can help him do that: Hushai.

When you pray for wisdom, open your eyes and expect God to provide earthly means to an answer. Too often, we wait for a sensational, supernatural answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment