5.30.2009

Victorian Silk Scarf

Fresh off the knitting needles is a silk blend scarf from the book "Victorian Lace Today." Silk! I love how this scarf drapes and feels; I confess I've been playing dress up a bit with it even though it's a belated gift for a friend. I had to make sure it worked before giving it away, right? :)




Even the trees want to wear it!



detail of the "wide and handsome border" - this is an 1800's lace knitting pattern

I normally don't like designs with even-numbered objects, but this scarf was knitting up so wide that I decided to do just 2 pattern repeats instead of three in order to have enough yarn to get a good length. Overall size of this scarf is 11"x70". Yarn is Summer Ice from Autumn House Farms, bought at the 2006 Allegan Wool Festival in Michigan. (I used about 400 yd).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Domina, thanks for visiting my blog for the May Giveaway :)

    This scarf is really beautiful!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete