3.02.2010

Turn back toward Him and them

Gen 3:8-11 - "And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?” So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.” And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”

Sin makes us afraid. We run from God; we run from others. Forgiveness and love received casts out fear. We turn TO God; we turn TO others. God invites us to receive forgiveness by confessing our sin. Have you eaten from the tree? Yes, we all have. Own up to it all. Take the consequences. Tremble before Him, but know He is a merciful Father.

9/20/09

No comments:

Post a Comment