1.31.2011

Speak to them!

Jonah 3:10-4:3
"Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it. But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he became angry. So he prayed to the LORD, and said, “Ah, LORD, was not this what I said when I was still in my country? Therefore I fled previously to Tarshish; for I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, One who relents from doing harm. Therefore now, O LORD, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!”


When Jonah ran away from God, he did it because he knew God was likely to forgive the Ninevites, and Jonah didn’t want that to happen. So he refused to speak words of warning to Gentiles, which could bring them to repentance. Using the fish, God makes Jonah speak those words. What will it take for God to get you to say or do what you need to, for those Ninevites in your life?


9/12/10

No comments:

Post a Comment