6.22.2011

South Sea Island Rescue

John G. Paton South Sea Island Rescue (Trail Blazers)John G. Paton South Sea Island Rescue by Kay Walsh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First of this series I read.

As far as literary quality goes, it was rather poor. The narrative was choppy and dialogue was abrupt.

As far as content goes, this was a compelling story of a Scot missionary committed to a cannibalistic tribe on a south sea island. What happens to him and his response is faith-inspiring. Paton laid down his life to get people to see and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ. He remained committed when people would backslide into murder and revenge. I think I enjoyed the well-digging scenes the most.

Recommended for 8-12 year old exposure to foreign lands, worldviews, and missionaries.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment