8.11.2012

Jesus, Promise Keeper


Sermon on 3rd commandment, keeping your vows

Psalm 116:12-14
    What shall I render to the LORD 
          For all His benefits toward me? 
    13      I will take up the cup of salvation, 
          And call upon the name of the LORD. 
    14      I will pay my vows to the LORD 
          Now in the presence of all His people. 


Jesus kept His vows to His Father. He covenanted with His Father before the foundation of the world to lay down His life for His sheep, and He carried through with it. He kept His promise, much to His own hurt (Psalm 15:4). Let us follow His example. Pursue lofty goals of love and service to others. Endure through obstacles and temptations. Remain reverent, rejoicing, abiding and resting in Jesus Christ. Take some time now to consider Him, express gratitude to Him for His work for you, renew vows you have made to Him.

1/29/12

No comments:

Post a Comment