10.28.2014

Assurance

Exodus 33:18-23
Moses said, “Please show me your glory.” 19 And he said, “I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name ‘The LORD.’ And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.” 21 And the LORD said, “Behold, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock, 22 and while my glory passes by I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back, but my face shall not be seen.”



When Moses asked God to go with Israel and to show him God’s glory, God said yes to both.  Moses couldn’t look God in the face, but God did go with them, and He did show Himself to Moses.

We have this experience even more fully in the Lord Jesus.  God has shone the light of His salvation in our hearts, in the face of Jesus Christ.  He has put us in a place by Him.  We stand on solid ground.  He covers us with His hand so we are safe from the glory that could consume us.  Instead we are brought into fellowship with a gracious God.

9/28/14

No comments:

Post a Comment