6.07.2015

Psalm 109-110; 138

109
The wicked are attacking me.
Let them be accused, tried and found guilty.
Take away his position, his wife, his children, his property, and his life.
I am needy and weak and scorned.
Vindicate me against them; I will praise You, Lord.

110
God made David's Lord the king and priest.
The king will conquer kings throughout the earth, and be satisfied in the end.

138
I thank You whole-heartedly for exalting Your name and Word.
Kings will sing the praises of Your ways.
God regards the lowly, delivers the distressed, and never forsakes us.


How this is about Jesus
109 - this is quoted about Judas in Acts 1:20.
110 - often quoted by the apostles of Jesus, who is David's Lord.  Jesus Himself quotes it, trying to get the Pharisees to see the greatness of the Christ (Matt. 22:41-45).
138 - Jesus is the Word God has exalted (Phil. 2:9).


Psalm 138:8
      "The LORD will perfect that which concerns me;
      Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever;
    Do not forsake the works of Your hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment