7.28.2015

Psalms 99-100, 102

99
Yahweh is great, enthroned between the cherubim (on the ark?).  He loves justice.
He answered when His prophets called to Him.  He forgives and corrects us.

100
Come serve and praise God with thanksgiving, for we are His sheep, His people.
He is good, forever faithful and loving.

102
Hear my cry, Yahweh, for I'm fading fast.
But we remember You, and You will remember and pity Zion.
I write so a generation yet to be born will praise God - He is going to deliver us to praise Him again.
God has broken me, and I've asked to be sustained.
He laid the heavens and earth; they will wear out, but He won't.  So we are secure.


How this is about Jesus
99 - He has all authority in heaven and earth, and yet He loves justice.
100 - He is the same, yesterday, today and forever, as God will be faithful forever (vs. 5).
102 - He was cut off in mid-strength (vs. 23), working to save a generation yet to be born.  He says, "Here am I, and the children God has given Me" (Isaiah 8:18; Hebrews 2:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment